I hate rust, who do not? It looks creepy and destroys the aesthetic beauty of your home or industry. A product or paint which can keep your cabinets or doors clean and brand new is of excessive use. Rust oleum cabinet transformations are perfect for kitchen renovation and makeover.
You must have heard the slogan “Rust never sleeps”. This is the slogan of Rust Oleum Corporation now owned by RPM International Inc. RPM Oleum; the company is the manufacturer of paints and coatings for home and industrial use. The specialty of this paint is that it is protective and is rust proof. The company was founded in 1921 by Robert Fergusson who was a sea captain. This idea incorporated in his mind when he noticed when fish oil spilled on rusty metal deck stopped corrosion from spreading. Although, a lot of changes are made in the composition till date.
The family owned company turned into RPM International Inc. in 1994. The key brands of Rust Oleum include Stops Rust, High Performance, NeverWet, Painter’s Touch, Universal, Zinsser, Watco and Varathane.
Rust Oleum is ideal for glass vases, candle holders, jars etc. The oil based formula of rust oleum provides a finishes and shining look. A thick coat of the product can provide enhanced reflectivity and added protection.
Tips for choosing the best rust oleum:
Before giving a protective layer to the object, you need to choose the color for the layer. The color should be chosen wisely so that it can add to the glory of the object. If you are coloring a home or office the color should keep you motivated. Use vibrant colors if the room or object is related to kids. Also, consider the furniture or architectural details while choosing the color. The color of the paint can have a huge impact on your mind so choose the one that affects your mood positively. It should also compliment the amount of natural light entering your room or the place or object. The color of a place can make it dull our energetic. Colors affect our unconscious much more than we know. Rust Oleum gives you the freedom to choose the color theme wisely from a wide variety of colors. You can use paint sprayer or paint brush for this purpose.
Surface which is to be painted
The quality of rust oleum also depends upon the surface or object you need to paint. No two surfaces can be painted with a similar paint. A few paints are specially designed for walls and a few paints are manufactured for floors. Similarly, paints for glass vessels, cabinets doors, front drawers, maple cabinets and truck beddings are different. A few paints are perfect for kitchen cabinets and can easily handle the oil fumes, stickiness and debris of the kitchen. Rust Oleum manufactures a few paints that suit moist and humid surfaces perfectly and can disguise the extra moisture. Rust Oleum designs special rock solid coats to beautify the floors of your deck, garage, room, kitchen or driveway. All these special coats come with a handy coating guide to make your work easier and perfect. Look for the Rust Oleum paint that can be used on the particular surface.
The choice of Rust Oleum product also depends upon the particular design or trend you need to paint. Different aesthetic techniques require different kinds of Rust Oleum paints and products. Rust Oleum technique can bring back the perfect antique look of your object. If an old picture frame is stripping, Rust Oleum can create a distinctive crackle finished look. A dramatic effect can also be created with these products. Rag rolling effect should be created on every natural fiber such as linen, chamois or burlap. It keeps the fabric clean and lint-free. Layering gaze can be experimented with this technique. In this technique multiple layers are applied but each layer is applied after the first layer dries completely. Sponging technique can be used for decorative purposes. More than one glaze or coat can be applied but in the same way. The next layer is applied after the first layer dries completely. In the same way, stenciling can also add to the glamorous look and creative designing. Stenciling patterns can be applied in different ways and more than one color can be used to create some specific designs. Different Rust Oleum products can create different designs and effects. Choose the design according to your requirement.
Rust Oleum performs a wonderful function of controlling moisture in your old kitchen cabinets. Excessive moisture in basement and foundation walls can be very harmful. It can cause significant structural decay, mold growth and high humidity levels. The moisture control technique of the Rust Oleum product prevents the growth of mold and mildew. It can make the complete wall or basement moisture free and makes it waterproof. It is very important feature one should look for before buying this product.
Rust Oleum offers a wide number of techniques to transform your cabinets and give them a new-look through refacing, remodeling, decorating and updating. One can use brush technique, flogging technique, edgy technique, mottling technique or scrunching technique as per the choice or requirement. Dry brush glazing technique gives your cabinets a unique look. Flogging technique can give a unique, dreaming touch. You can transform your cabinets into a distinct personal look with heavy edge technique in no time. Mottling technique gives you a look you can be proud of.
RustOleum Cabinet Transformations Reviews
1.Rust-Oleum 263231 Cabinet Transformations, Small kit, Espresso
Rust Oleum 263231 is a cabinet coating system that can simply transform your cabinets. The easy to use DIY project beautiful cabinet transformation can transform the outdated wonderfully. The product requires no stripping, no sanding and no priming. No special skills are required to use this product. One can simply follow three and four steps and transform the whole kitchen. Most of the rustoleum cabinet transformations give a 5-star rating to this product.
This small espresso kit is basically a 100-square-foot kit that is perfect for kitchen bath vanities and for the furniture too. It is transform the top cabinet in three colors: Pure White, Espresso and Cabernet. You can choose color of your choice. This product is an ideal choice for wood melamine metal and laminat cabinetry. You can quickly transform your kitchen with its help. The product is durable and maintains the beautiful looks of your kitchen for longer time. You can use it by yourself; no professional help is required for it.
The transformation kit comes with a guaranteed satisfaction. It can be used on a bathroom vanity and stair case banister as well. With the help of this transformation kit, you can simply transform your old things into new without even replacing them.
- The base coat of this transformation kit is amazing. It totally changes the color of the cabinet and turns your old ugly cabinet into an updated version of itself. It recovers the cosmetically ugly part of the cabinet and does wonders with it. Just remove the dust before you apply it and it goes like a charm.
- The glaze (included in the kit) adds richness to the base coat. It makes wood grain look more noticeable and gives a better look.
- The protective coat also plays an important role. It really protects your paint from falling off and do not let water or any other thing harm the lower coats. It is answer to the question how to restore the amazing look of the cabinet refinishing.
- The process of painting your cabinet with this transformation paint is very time-consuming. It may take up to 10 – 15 days to complete the work. You need to keep a lot of patience to follow each step meticulously and wait for each coat to dry well.
- Use the deglosser in a limited amount. If you over do it, the high strength chemical may open the pores of the wood and it will be hard to fill the pores with the paint. Just a little of it will work fine.
2.Rust Oleum Cabinet Transformation, 258109, small kit, WINTER FROG
This perfect Do It Yourself Rust Oleum cabinet Transformation kit is capable of creating a premium cabinet finish. This particular kit can cover up to 100 square feet area and requires no stripping, sanding or priming. This light base tint can transform small cabinets in a way that it can become hard to recognize them.
The transformation kit is known to provide elegant and smooth finish and is tint able to 11 colors. Manufactured in United States, the kit is an ideal choice for kitchen cabinets, furniture, moldings and more. The glaze accomplishes the whole look of the cabinets. Even if they are fake, glaze will make them look like the real paint. It brings out the wood grain and thus completed the look.
This water based coat is untinted and you have to make it tinted before you use it. Lowe’s can do it free of cost. Before putting on the base coat, remember to wipe the surface and clean it. This easy to use transformation kit gives a total professional look. One cannot believe that you have painted it on your own. Follow all the instructions written on the pack to get the best results.
- This transformation kit is very easy to use. If you know how to paint, you can use it. The wonderful looks it provides to your cabinets will never let anyone guess that you have not taken any professional help. The finished look will compel people to think that either they are done professionally or you have replaced them.
- When you will compare the price of the kit with the work it has delivered, you will feel proud of yourself. The kit is much cheaper in the comparison of professional refinishing.
- There is no color in the box. It is just a base. You can get it tinted of your choice of color.
- You will need some extra products to finish your job. The products in the box are not sufficient for the work. You should get a free estimate before using it.
- It takes forever to complete the work. The process of painting the cabinets is so time-consuming that you will have to spare 2-3 weekends to complete your project. The time it takes also depends on the size of your work space.
- The top coat if not done carefully can ruin your whole project. It can be very frustrating but add some drops of water if you want to avoid bubbles. It also slows the drying time.
3.Rust-Oleum 263233 Cabinet Transformations, Small Kit, Cabernet
Rust Oleum 263233 is a beautiful cabinet coating system that can transform your entire kitchen or bathrooms in a week. This great product works amazingly. It is easy to use and requires no special skills. One small transformation kit is sufficient for 102-square-foot kit area. The kit is perfect for Kitchen cabinet bath vanities and furniture. If you have wood melamine cabinets and laminat cabinetry, this transformation kit is an ideal choice for you.
No special skills are required to use this coating system. It requires no stripping, sanding or priming. The kit is available in three colors i.e. pure white, espresso and cabernet.
Rust Oleum 263233 cabinet transformation is an easy and best way to transform your old and outdated oak kitchen cabinet. Just take a few steps according to the instruction manual and you will see an updated, beautiful, durable and easiest transformation of your life.
No one will believe that this professional look is that easy to attain. Transform your kitchen in an inexpensive and easiest way. The kit does not seem less than a miracle for interior and exterior painting.
- The first adhesive coat works like a charm. For the best results, you just need to clean the surface of old cabinets before applying the base coat.
- The DIY project is very durable and does not fall off even in a year. No fading or chipping is observed in long time. It can even work on hidden hinges.
- The protective coat actually protects the below layers from heat, dust and sharp objects. It works like a pro.
- The top coat of this transformation kit is terrible. It needs to be mixed with water from lowe’s to do the top coat properly. It works so much better when diluted with water.
- If you are using a dark colored cot to update cabinets, you need to add some richness to it to get best results.
- Putting on this adhesive coat and all other layers is a time-consuming process. It can take a week even.
4.Rust-Oleum 258242 Dark Tint Base Cabinet Transformation Kit, Large
A dark tint base Rust-oleum Cabinet transformation kit is the best solution to create a premium cabinet finish. It requires no stripping, no priming and no sanding. The kit can be used by amateurs themselves and it covers an average more than 210 square feet. The large kit of this coating system is ideal for your kitchen cabinets, furniture, molding and many other things.
Rust Oleum transformation kit is tintable to 11 colors. You can choose the color that match with your floorings or countertop shades. You can get the base colored from the store which sells it or from Lowes. The process of tinting takes around 20 minutes and is free of charge. It brings out the wood grain and works great even with darkest stains. It can create a real wood glaze and shine even on the fake wood cabinets and gives it the appearance of real wood.
Manufactured in United States, the kit is known to provide elegant design and smooth finish. The top coat should be applied very carefully otherwise it may ruin your whole project. You can dilute top coat with a few drops of water to get better results.
- The coating system is very easy to use. If you know how to paint, you can easily Do it Yourself.
- The finished look of this coating system looks very nice. It gives the perfect professional look. No one will believe that you have done it by yourself.
- This is a value for money product. The kit includes each and everything you need to use this coating system. It is much cheaper than professional refurnishing or replacement of the cabinets.
- It requires no sanding, no priming or no stripping.
- The project takes forever to complete. It takes minimum of a week to finish. Obviously the statistics depend upon the number of cabinets and how much workplace you have. Each layer of coat takes too long to dry.
- Colors shown on the box are not accurate. It always varies from the original shades.
- You may need a few extra things while working on the project.
From Rustoleum Reviews of cabinet transformations above it is clear that Rust-Oleum transformation kits are the best and the cheapest way to transform your kitchen or bathroom cabinets. These transformation kits can do the miracles and update the old outdated look. It can be probably the best makeover.
The kit includes each and everything you need for the transforming process: instructional pamphlet and DVD, a deglosser, bond coat, decorative glaze, protective top coat, scrub pads, stir sticks and glazing clothes. The DVD gives step-by-step instructions to complete the work. You just need to follow the procedure and keep patience to let the coats dry completely.
I hope this review will help you to choose the best product among the wide range of Rust-Oleum products to transform your kitchen cabinets or countertops.